Sunday, March 31, 2013

The "New" Underwater World

After the show at the Dolphin Lagoon, I went on to the newly renovated Underwater World. Although it has been ages since I last went there and then it was undergoing massive renovations for some time, the trip turned out disappointing.
 
Despite undergoing renovations for a few years, the place looks the same as I remembered. Even the variety of fish is the same. I would think for the amount and time spent in renovating, the place would at least look different, or better, yet it remains the same. What exactly have they renovated, I wonder?
 
The variety of fish is about the same as the oceanarium, namely fish found in Asian waters. Furthermore the place is very small, hence it was quite crammed with people when I went there. The only thing that is still good is the conveyor belt that goes under a round tank, as well as the long vertical round tank at the entrance.
 
When I entered the place, I saw a diver cleaning the vertical round tank, as well as seeing some of the fish swimming round and round inside.



 
Just next to the vertical round tank is an open space where one can see the stingrays inside, as well as putting your hands in to touch them.

 Can you see the stinkgray?
 
After that, one will enter a dark room where there are varieties of fish on display.
 


 Seahorses
 

 Catfish swimming towards me
 



 Another octopus
 
 This fish looks like it was smiling at me!
 


 Nautilus

 A large crab
 



 This is another type of Nemo fish
 
 Jellyfish and more jellyfish
 

 
Then it was the start of the conveyor belt going through the tunnel below, where there were sharks, stingrays and more fish swimming above us.

 Big shark swimming above us
 






The conveyor belt would go one round, then it is back to the starting point, where there is a glass display of shellfish.


 
For that, it marks the end of my fishy adventures. I really cannot fathom why there are two aquariums in the same island, but between the Underwater World and the S.E.A. Marine Life Aquarium, I would highly recommend the latter, because it is much bigger and nicer. The Underwater World really pales in comparison!

No comments:

Post a Comment