Sunday, October 28, 2012

Fish, Fish, Everywhere

After the trip to Madame Tussaud's, I went to the Sydney Aquarium, which is just next to Madame Tussaud's. I have been to the Sydney Aquarium twice, and have always been impressed by the place, but this time round, somehow I am not that impressed.
 
First, they were in the midst of closing Manly Seaworld, so shifting all the fish there to the Aquarium and going to rename it Sealife Sydney. Hence, some of the sections were undergoing renovation, like the dugongs which I did not manage to see.
 
Second, that particular day, for some reason, they were periodically shifting sharks out. So the section for the sharks were quite crowded. Still, I managed to see quite a number of sharks swimming above me.
 
Third, I did not manage to see any platypus, as they were all hiding somewhere. Which was a big disappointment because one does not leave Australia without even seeing a playtypus or two!
 
Overall, it was a disappointing trip to the Aquarium. Perhaps after all the renovations, it would be better? Unfortunately I probably went there at the wrong time. Maybe I should make a trip down to the refurbished Underwater World at Sentosa to see if that is better now, since the original Underwater World was built in the style of the Sydney Aquarium.
 
The only good thing is that I managed to see penguins, transparent jellyfish and Nemo! I guess kids would like this place much better. Maybe I have outgrown all these, hence did not feel that impressed, but that is just personal preference!

In any case, these are some of the fish and underwater creatures on display :






 Little Penguin Parade
 


 Jellyfish
 
 Start of the underwater shark lair
 


 Can you recognise Dory?
 





 Can you see Nemo?
 
 Another shark
 
And a very big fish

No comments:

Post a Comment